View Single Post
deathlynx
Volunteer Data File Author

Old November 6th, 2005, 04:50 AM
Army Builder is designed to handle more systems then just 40K...I don't know the figures, and while 40K is undoubtedly one of the more popular ones it's not the only one...there are bugs that have needed fixing and features that are required for most of the systems...Haveing some expirience with both coding and system troublshooting I know that sometimes it's hard to find the cause of an error and it's usually even more difficult to fix...

You only have to buy the GW product once if you only have a single army (good or evil)...Also they don't provide support for even the variety of other games they produce much less the other games out there...I'm not all that anti-GW (heck I wrote the first gen BFG files for 3.0) but their support is generally atrocious...They haven't even created a program for their other two "core" games much less the SG games...

Concider that AB and similar programs generally targets the harder core gamers (due to a more diverse model/army selection)...Also concider that harder core gamers generally preffer the SG lines to the core ones...On the other hand SG and LoTR have lower sales per player then 40K or WFB so they aren't about to support them with something as intensive as computer aided army design...

For my vote keep up the good work guys and the next upgrade will come when it comes (heck everyone should still have a few months left on their initial year subscription)...
deathlynx is offline   #5 Reply With Quote