View Single Post
Jamz

Old September 16th, 2014, 04:01 PM
I doubt it. There is nothing against the licence on running 2 copies on the same PC at the same time. Your friend could use a second mouse and control the second copy on the same monitor the same as a GM using two copies at once. Or for that matter, 6 monitors, 6 mice. 6 Remote Desktops. All the same thing.

License is tied to the Device.

Now, with that said. I would only suggest it as a "selling point" given your players may decide to purchase their own copies later.

It is worth it, and they will migrate over time. Once a few players can <click click click> "Ok I do..." <click click click> "...and save is a 27", other players will get jealous at the time savings. Our last hold out was constantly "bah, I can make a character in seconds with a book, I don't need it" but the other players were constantly pulling out better feats, not missing bonus +'s from abilities, were NOT forgetting about their cool abilities, that he finally saw the wisdom in it. He was like, "where are you getting that +2?" and we're like "I dunno, HL does it for me...fine...<hover> +2 bonus is from...."

Besides, you CAN share the dead trees, so, everyone buy HL + Addon + PDF for themselves, then chip in and buy 1 copy of the dead tree for the game room. Problem solved?

-Jamz

RPTools.net | MapTool Discord Invite

Download Latest MapTool Release | Download Latest TokenTool Release

Last edited by Jamz; September 16th, 2014 at 04:03 PM.
Jamz is offline   #34 Reply With Quote