View Single Post
Aaron

Old November 29th, 2018, 12:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azhrei View Post
Yeah, I found those. Clicking on the "(?)" puts out two strings of text with a period in between them. No idea what they represent, though. How do I know that one of them is "class level" and another is the "class helper" and another is the "category header for cleric archetypes"? And is there ever a situation where I'd be creating a new class and choosing the class helper would be the right thing to do? If so, how would I know that?
If you see XXX.YYY then you are looking at tags. The string before the "." is the tag group, and the string after is the tag ID. Other "(?)" may show just the unique ID, if you're considering picks.

As for knowing which is which, it's largely a question of experience and pattern recognition. For the example I gave, if I see "cHelpClr" I know that's a class helper, vs. "cCleric" is the class level and "cHdrCleric" is the header.

I couldn't speculate on the last bit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azhrei View Post
"... adding an activation on your weapon." Alright, I'll look around for that. You're talking about a checkbox that says "I'm currently using such-and-such" and then the script runs and tweaks the number of AOOs?

The second part sounds cool, though. You mean having a script on the weapon that when it's in the off-hand and when the main hand is holding a light weapon (one of the criteria), then modify the AOOs quantity... Hm, challenge accepted!
I was actually talking about the deflection bonus. I think an example to look at would be the two-weapon defense feat, which gives shield bonus when certain combinations of weapons are equipped. I wouldn't bother doing anything special with AoOs, but YMMV.
Aaron is offline   #6 Reply With Quote