View Single Post
djc664

Old May 17th, 2022, 03:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mototom View Post
I'm not LW but can try to answer the "am I missing something/doing something wrong" part.

I'm not sure I understand this one. Are you wanting to check off sources you don't own, and lock the players to these? Currently, there's no distinction between your campaign options and the patron sharing slot—you set the campaign to use a sharing slot, and select which sources are shared.

There is no "campaign source on, sharing off" option to make a source GM only, nor is there a "not owned/shared, but on as a campaign source if they own it."
In the Campaign, under (left side menu) Settings--> Campaign Character Options --> Edit Options, you are shown a pop-up of Character Options. This lists all sources, which are used as the default campaign options. This UI does not indicate which of these sources I own (which would be shared under the Patron slot). it's just all the things and I have to remember which I have out of the hundreds of sources, and that ends up in mistakes, double work, and aggravation all around.

So part of this is that I would like it to have it easier to see which ones I own when I'm setting up the campaign. It would also be nice to have the "requiring purchase" links to the store for that upsell. It would be even better if it evaluated the players joined to the campign and listed who owned what on the list as well. That would help make purchase decisions easier to coordinate.

The concept of still being able to check off stuff I don't own is for when the players want to use a source that they purchased but the GM did not - it's easy enough to make it a default, since it's unlikely that I will care to use the same one or two PC-centric options for my NPCs or Monsters.

Also, I'm just trying to avoid introducing an arbitrary constraint by allowing anything to be checked regardless of ownership. That is the experience today, anyway, and there's probably more than one logistical fringe case where constraining the list to not be able to check anything would just make someone's life hard for no good value.

Hopefully that helps clarify what I'm asking here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mototom View Post
The rest of your desired features seem related to options mismatch. The options mismatch alert can been broken for awhile. It seems to be continuously displayed for some characters, and no amount of moving ownership or applying campaign options will remove it.

I can see a view that shows what the mismatches are being valuable. It would help to be able to see what sources people are using. The shared options aren't editable by the players, though, so they can only change the sources, AFAIK.
It has not cleared itself up, but I ended up taking control of the PC, forcing it to use defaults, then assigning it back to the player. The mismatch error remains, but inspecting the settings appear to be correct. :/

I don't like ignoring errors as a general rule, but it looks like that's what I'm going to have to do.

So the mismatch evaluation message is just broken? Is that the take away here?
djc664 is offline   #3 Reply With Quote