View Single Post
djc664

Old April 28th, 2022, 08:08 AM
I'm not sure if this is a bug, but I'm treating it as a "I'm probably missing something or doing something wrong" until I can rule that out.

Long time Classic owner, just activated Online to play Pathfinder 1e with a new group of people. The license transfer was fairly smooth, especially considering the backend challenges, so kudos on that!

We've always struggled with normalizing the Source list; in classic I've had to constantly monitor the checklists of stuff on all of my player portfolios to ensure the correct list of reosurces were used and things I had purchased but my players had not didn't get caught up and cause errors that freaked them out (I'm a Solution Architect, so I'm super comfortable... some of my players are... um... not. lol )

Here are the experiences I would prefer as user stories, and if someone could help me clarify where the differences are in practice it would greatly help me adjust appropriately. Hopefully it clearly explains what I'm intending to achieve and how I'm going about it, to easily identify what I may be missing / doing wrong / what's actually broken so I can just get to the next steps.

-------

As a GM, I'd like to be able to set the campaign standard of sources from a list that identifies the sources I've purchased but lets me check anything off.

Current Experience: The GM Campign Character Options shows all sources and everything is selectable, but it does not show which options ones are owned / shared via my Patron Slot.

As a GM, I'd like to align any PC to the default campaign source list automatically, or at least a single command rather than having to audit the list manually. Bonus points if I could simply lock the source list for all PCs in the campaign and never have to worry about anyone changing anything randomly.

Current Experirence: I can take control of a PC so that it shows under GM PC. Within the 3-dot menu, I select "use campaign options", which would assign the defaullt campaign source list.

New characters are beig made and they show "Options Mismatch". I moved them to GM PC and selected "use campaign options" being careful to only have owned and shared selections. The error message disappears for a second after clicking, but then reappears. I cannot find a report that tells me what is causing the mismatch, and I am loathe to begin ignoring warnings as a general rule unless I truly have no other choice.

As a GM, I'd like to be able to go to Character Options and see which sources are owned by either the GM(s), a Patron Slot sharing status, and the player(s) which also own the source.

Current Experience: None of this information is shown within the UI, though the packages you do not own are available in the Character Options selection screen for a character, but not the campaignd defaults.

As a GM, if I must live with character option lists being modifiable by players, I would like to get an evaluation list of what are the campaign mismatches so that I might be able to troubleshoot.

Current Experience: The message is not clickable; it only opens the character sheet as any other thing you click there. No option exists to see the evaluation results which lead to the message "options mismatch" being shown.
djc664 is offline   #1 Reply With Quote