View Single Post
dgarsys

Send a message via AIM to dgarsys

Old January 2nd, 2012, 09:30 AM
OK.

OSX 10.7.2 on Macbook Pro 15"/2.2GHz i7/AMD Radeon HD 6750M 1024 MB/4GB RAM

Installed, ran great so far, both the fighter and the 1st level cleric I made imported just fine. I've correlated and retweaked them and changes all seem to be appropriate.

1) - while I'm happy that you guys didn't utterly ignore the <program name menu> -> Preferences convention on the mac and supplied the note about the settings menu, part of me still wants to see a preference pane that covers the same ground that's in the settings menu entirely, either side by side, or as a total replacement for the mac version as a GUI to turn on and off the settings options or access other settings windows.

2) You don't currently support 10.5, but DO support 10.6, so I understand why the file/save standard is save/save as instead of the newer 10.7 save a version/duplicate variety. I also don't know what kind of work will be involved in implementing that as it's something I haven't looked into myself, but you may still want to consider it since that's the direction OSX is going in.

3) GENERAL SUGGESTION: On the gear page, is it possible to have it show, instead of just that little "it's in something" icon, the name of the item that is holding it? Also, is there an option to sort or group by containers? If not - can we do that? IIRC this is the same as the windows version in this regard.

4) GENERAL SUGGESTION: For PFS games there are special boons/etc. that are received ( "+2 charisma checks" with certain dwarf tribes), as well as certain items that you can purchase based on which adventures you survived/etc. I'm currently putting these in "Background details" under the "personal" tab as this will show up in character sheets/etc.

Is there some way to make the journal notes visible without having to click on the edit button, so that you can easily keep this stuff in one place and still have it readily accessible/print out on character sheets?

5) Under custom outputs, the css/div layout for the "ancient one/powerful" character custom html sheet format is utterly broken in Safari 5.1.1/mac (included)

6) Back to the personal tab. The background Details field does not scroll when a mouse wheel is moved, or have a scroll bar available when the text uses up more than the visible space. ( note: Yes, I'm running Lion, but I've changed the system-wide settings so scroll bars should always be visible)

Clicking in the field to place the cursor, and hitting down arrow WILL reveal more text.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Output - safari - ancient one powerful.jpg (157.6 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg Hero LabŪ BETA - Marikus - Marikus.por-1.jpg (144.6 KB, 4 views)
dgarsys is offline   #28 Reply With Quote