View Single Post
Monteparnas

Old February 2nd, 2017, 11:52 AM
I don't know how to access Variant Classes (never got to try as I wanted on the Gestalt rules through HL), and am using a homemade "Rokugani Samurai" through which I build the OA version.

Either way, the Clans do work better as Races for a reason. On Rokugan as a setting they mostly work that way. Traits based on Humanoid sub-types, like Favored Enemy, choose by Clan instead of only "Human", given that the setting works a lot more on Humans with intense focus on distinctions of Clans. Also, each clan effectively swaps the "Any Favored Class" racial trait for a specific Class and a distinct "Always Class" Skill.

Since I'm here, there is some problems with the Maho-Tsukai class (this is a hard one on the way it retroactively changes spellcasting), the Akutenshi Template (a lot of abilities aren't showing, yet, nor the CR modifier), and the Akutsukai Template (instead of being able to select the customized abilities, three of them are preset). Also, the Akutsukai and Akutenshi are both doubled, and the first selection of each don't work at all.

Hope those reports are useful. I can perfectly well deal with this stuff for my games on my own, and wait for updates, but if I can through finding problems, I do want to.
Monteparnas is offline   #670 Reply With Quote