View Single Post
Anpumes

Old October 9th, 2015, 08:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
If you copy the AC Bonus class special of the monk, and look at it's eval scripts, you can see when it calculates it's bonus, what field that bonus is stored in, and when that field is used to apply its effects. With that information, you should be able to intervene between those two points to zero out the effects of the class ability.

Then you can calculate a new value based on Charisma in a different script, and apply that as an untyped bonus to AC.
I think I figured out how to intervene with the AC bonus calculation but it appears that by interceding, I've lost the bonuses applied by the bootstrapping of the monks AC Bonus on the monk. Should I figure that problem out, I'm still stuck on not being able to get Charisma to override Wisdom for the AC bonus and I don't know how to proceed.

Maybe it is just because I don't know what #attrbonus[] is doing but is more likely my inept skills at coding. Either way, the simplest fix is just to duplicate the Monks AC Bonus, change the two bits of code to snatch Charisma for AC and make it untyped, and bootstrap it to my archetype.

I'm disappointed that I could not find a cleaner solution.

Thanks for your help Aaron.
Anpumes is offline   #5 Reply With Quote