View Single Post
evildmguy

Old October 5th, 2012, 06:46 PM
I knew I hadn't given enough information and probably hadn't set it up right.

And thanks for the quick answers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathias View Post
What's the script that's setting herofield[acSklPnts].value? What phase & priority is it running at? Is that phase & priority before the Initialize/1000 you're using here?
Code:
<field
      id="acSklPnts"
      name="Skill Points"
      type="derived">
	  <calculate phase="Render" priority="1000"><![CDATA[
        ~make sure this value consists of the elements that could cause the summary to change
        @value = hero.child[attrInt].field[trtFinal].value * 5 - 5
        ]]></calculate>
      </field>
I'm not sure if that's correct. Still fumbling along. But this is where I set it. Hmm. As I type that, I assume that because I'm setting that in Render, that it is a timing problem? Okay then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathias View Post
Are skill points in your game always a fixed number? Or are they based on an attribute (or two)? Or are there multiple power levels, each offering a different number of skill points? Are there races/feats/qualities/merits/etc. that can change the number of skill points?

(You'll also want to answer those questions for attributes, in order to figure out if a fixed number is the correct solution in that case, too).
I'm working on the Alternity system. Skill points in the RAW are a chart that ends up being (INT-1) *5. So, they are based on a single stat. Yes, there are races and qualities that could affect INT as well as skill points.

I have the equation working but I'm wondering if it was timing.

LOVE Hero Lab! Really enjoying myself trying to figure this out but decided that I don't need to figure out everything on my own.

Thanks!

edg
evildmguy is offline   #9 Reply With Quote