View Single Post
Asandir

Old August 23rd, 2011, 09:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Random View Post
I'd love to see what kind of house rules you've used. I'm always on the lookout for other ways people do things. Any chance I could get a look at your variant core rules book?
Send me a PM with your email and I'll send you a copy. Not sure I should have used variant rule book as the description, more a Campaign Setting with variations to the core rulebooks. Regardless, as I mentioned in the first post, there is a particular aesthetic I am trying to achieve. I've eliminated certain elements from the core rule books that don't meet that aesthetic, like gunslingers, samurai, and ninja.

In addition I have incorporated material from both 3.5 and PF RPG material as appropriate to that aesthetic. 3PP material includes:
- Malhavoc Press
- Green Ronin
- Oone Games
- Spes Magna Games
- Margaret Weis Productions
- Open Design

There are some other elements I intend to use for particular groups of NPC's using other 3PP content. Hopefully I have managed to smoothly integrate the material. I have no idea how the changes will work out until I get around to running this sometime late next year or early the following. Note that I am not a game designer by any stretch of the imagination!
Asandir is offline   #10 Reply With Quote