View Single Post
Asandir

Old August 18th, 2011, 07:31 AM
Ok, I need folks input on this subject as I have been turning this thought over in my brain for a couple of weeks.

Here is my dilemma. I have been working on putting whole source books in, e.g. SGG Feats books, which is all well and good and I know others have been working on other whole books as well from different publishers. What I haven't seen is anyone that has been building their own campaign setting and how they are building that in Herolab.

A little background. I have a homegrown campaign setting that I have been working on for the last couple of years. At it's core is the Pathfinder system. What I have done is written what I call my variant rules core rule book for the campaign setting. I have pulled together elements that I have gathered from various other Pathfinder and in some cases some 3.5 material that fits the aesthetic of the campaign setting and compiled this.

Finally the question. Would you build all the changes in under one custom item as the Campaign Setting, or would you build each individual source book as a separate item? In some cases I have two spells from a source book that I have added to the setting material. The rest of the sourcebook would probably never be touched. Other sourcebooks have 90% of the material.

So. Opinion’s? Thoughts?

Thanks for your input.
Asandir is offline   #1 Reply With Quote