View Single Post
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old November 11th, 2010, 11:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wagyu View Post
I've just started using Hero Lab with the 4E data set & seem to be running into a problem accessing the latest data update. I've run the ddidownloader program, entered my DDI username & password as prompted, finished downloading the data & restarted the Hero Lab program in Administrator mode as per the 4E manual's instructions.

Despite doing all this, I don't seem to have access to the data. For example, after filling in the blanks in the Configure Your Character Window & clicking OK, I find myself with a character that has no class or race selected. When I try to select a class or race, I get the message that there is nothing to choose from.
First of all, did the downloader report any error messages? If so, that could be the initial problem, so please let us know what those errors were (if any).

I'm going to assume that the downloader was successful and generated the appropriate Hero Lab data files once it completed. So the next possible problem could be that the data files were generated in a place different from where Hero Lab expects them. Please locate the generated files on your computer and make sure they reside in the same folder where the 4E data files exist. By default, this will be "c:\herolab\data\4e". If you don't find the files there, something is odd.
rob is offline   #7 Reply With Quote