Nigel Fogg The Wayfarer
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old June 14th, 2010, 03:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colen View Post
Grayson7 wrote:
>
>
> I'm not the original poster but I think I know what he is talking about.
> I made the power, Blast and assigned 4 ranks. It gave me a rank of 40
> feet, which is correct because one range increment is rank times 10
> feet. However, when I added the feat, Improved Range, it still listed
> the power's range as 40 feet when it should have listed it as 100 feet
> (rank times 25 feet) instead of (rank times 10 feet). That assumes that
> you intended for the software to actually reflect the change caused by
> adding the feat.

Good point, I'll see if I can get this added. Thanks!

--
Colen McAlister, colen@wolflair.com
Chief Engineer, Lone Wolf Development
Hmm, I thought I had rememberd this being discussed before. Apologies for now having it in two threads.

PF: Improved Range and PF: Progression, Increase Range.

Found a problem with how these two PFs are working with each other and the Power: Blast. Have not checked it against other powers but I suspect it would happen with them as well.

First, when using Progression, Increase Range which affects the MAXIMUM range (and it would be nice if that were written as Ranged, 30ft/max 300ft) isn't following the correct formula: Max range = (R.I. x 10 x Progression value)

You'll see in the example below that there's something odd going on with Improved Range as well.

Example, a rank 7 Blast with a single level of each of the two PFs (x2 on the chart) should have a Range Increment of 140 ft. and a max range of 1,400 ft. but the printout has "Improved Range (175 ft incr) (Standard(Active) - Ranged, 140ft. - Instant)"

If you buy two levels of each PF (x5 on the chart) to reflect realistic air-to-air combat range. Instead of a R.I. of 350 ft (with a max of 17,500 ft) one gets "Improved Range (350 ft incr) (Standard(Active) - Ranged, 350ft. - Instant)"

Even without the PFs, it would be nice to have the change made to: Ranged, R.I. ft. / Max value ft. on the sheet.

Nigel Fogg, aka The Wayfarer.

Last edited by Nigel Fogg The Wayfarer; July 2nd, 2010 at 11:06 PM.
Nigel Fogg The Wayfarer is offline   #10 Reply With Quote