Thread: User Files
View Single Post
Grog

Old May 9th, 2010, 07:42 AM
I'm new here.

I purchased HL a few weeks ago, just for characters and was amazed at how friendly the interface is. Top it of with being able to customize, it was awesome. Now with the Bestiary, I cannot be happier. This is making my tracking of stuff like character encumbrance much easier, etc. (I've always loved being harsh on encumbrance...)

I've been game mastering for decades. Even though I tend to run 'canned' adventures, I make a lot of custom things, magic items etc. to personalize the experience a bit more.

So, immediately, I jumped into the Editor. I'm a code guy myself so it wasn't much of a stretch, just getting used to the lingo and syntax. Actually, the documentation is pretty good, and copying existing items makes it a bit easier. But, being a code guy myself, I want to make sure that I'm doing things using the best practices.

I'd hate to create a bunch of extras only to realize that I was doing it in a substandard manner, possibly exposing myself to issues in future upgrades, etc. Could I post a magic item .user file here with a few items so someone could peek at it and confirm that I'm doing it right?

Or is another forum or location better?

I may take a stab at plugging in a few prestige classes next week...

Thanks again for the wonderful product.

Grog
Grog is offline   #1 Reply With Quote