View Single Post
SAbel

Old January 5th, 2010, 03:24 PM
Oh yea I can answer those:
Character creation starts with (this may be to much info but here I go
picking the clan one is born into ex. Crab Clan, the clan allows a set of families that server the clan ie Crab has 6 families to pick from Hida, Kaiu, Kuni ect. The family that is chosen gives the player a bonus to a attribute ie Hida gives a +1 to Strenght. The next step is to pick the school that your character was sent to train at until they started adventuring/serving the clan. The school is picked from the Clan schools (ussally) example is the Hida Bushi School or the Kuni Shugenja School. Schools also give a bonus to an attribute ex Hida Bushi schools gives a +1 to Stamina, they also give the character starting equipment, skills and a few Koku (gold) to begin their life with. All Schools allow the character to pick 10 personal items in a travel pack (another topic for much later in set creation).
The starting equipment is free to the character if they wish more they must pay for it. and most are set items by the school a few are player choice. In the same idea each school trains a specific set of skills which are free to the character. Any skills above the starting value cost character points to learn or progress (skills are on a level base from 1-10) so a starting skill does not effect the character CP amount unless the move it above the "free" value
this is the starting package from the Yasuki Courtier School (another in the crab clan)
skills = "Commerce (Merchant)", "Courtier", "Deceit (Lying)", "Etiquette(Bureaucracy)", "Stealth",
"1|Any (Low)",
"1|Any (Bugei)"]
***anything in () are emphasis which I have not made it into to program yet, the 1/any is what type the skill needs to be picked from (still for free) I do have tags for the types but I am still loading those to skills.
outfit = [ "Wakizashi", "Courtly Dress", "Finger of Jade", "Kimono", "Sandals", "Traveling Pack", "10|Koku" ]

I hope this helps. It is a complex system but great RPG.
SAbel is offline   #35 Reply With Quote