View Single Post
Mindcloud

Old September 11th, 2009, 05:27 PM
You have good points all around Mathias but I think each those methods have some flaws as I see it.

1. Multiple chars in one portfolio. This method would work quite well if there was only one copy of hero labs managing a party however with my group at least each person has a copy. It would be great if you could link them up and see you players stats and even make rolls from their stats transfer items or even approve and disapprove modifications.

2. Exporting a char file. This one just seems unwieldy and sometimes I don't want my players to see everything the NPC had or its stats, and transferring everything to a mule just seems tedious.

3. I will defiantly look in to that! I am assuming some functionality is missing to do that right now correct?

Over all the network or email client linking seems more like a v4.0 thing however exporting a item file seems a little more realistic and doable(maybe even by us??) not only that you would encourage more of a community sharing spirit in which non programmers could contribute items or even treasure chests(i.e. item packs)

But that's just my opinion.

BTW you are doing great work on the data set and I am really enjoying it and can't wait to see what you have in store for us!

Last edited by Mindcloud; September 11th, 2009 at 05:29 PM. Reason: spelling format
Mindcloud is offline   #4 Reply With Quote