View Single Post
Ualaa

Old April 28th, 2024, 08:30 AM
I don't think the Community Package has been maintained since ShadowChemosh departed.

For Gestalt it counts the Gestalt selector, plus both the first and second classes you pick i the drop down. So each level your character gains counts as three levels. If one side is an actual Oracle (or in my case a Path of War class) it counts as a full level plus two half levels (the other class you select, plus the Gestalt class you choose to get the selector in the first place).

My best work around for Gestalt was to not use the package when choosing classes. I still have the package installed and active because it has useful adjustments.

If someone takes Ranger plus Wizard, I check the BAB and on the levels where Wizard adds a BAB and takes the gestalt beyond 1 BAB per level, I adjust the BAB downwards by one.

I've always used "Fractional BAB" and "Fractional Saves", as presented in the sidebar of the 3.0 Unearthed Arcana, which is the first time I recall seeing the option. With that option, your level 1 classes (not the first level taken in a class) each give 2.50 if it is a good save or 0.33 if it a poor save. Thereafter good classes always add +0.50 and poor classes always add +0.33 to saving throws, even if it is the first level taken in a class (which normally grant higher bonuses).

The gestalt package has some Gestalt adjustments. If on the adjust tab you search for Gestalt, you'll find Gestalt BAB and Gestalt Saves. You can use a dropdown for the saves to choose whether it is for Fort, Ref, Will or All saves. I generally add four adjustments to every gestalt character, BAB, Fort, Ref, and Will.

That is then less broken for things that are scripted off of total levels, but I still have to manually check for every level up.

It is a fun option, but not an easy one to implement. In the current game my characters are Gestalt 20s, with some being two classes at 20 each and others being one class at 20 and up to three classes that together add to 20 levels on the second side of the build.
Ualaa is offline   #239 Reply With Quote