View Single Post
Nightfox

Old March 12th, 2024, 03:52 PM
Right now I have one solution that ... works?... which is to show everything and use Expr-reqs to grey out selections that aren't valid, but I really want to see if it is possible to actually adjust the tables to show only valid.

There is a lot going on and many different approaches being tried, so here are the different bits of code. This is mostly being tested with fake "things" until I find something that works. I really don't want to make a bunch of entries until I figure out what will and will not work.

on the configurable:
Code:
Post-levels 11000
field[cfgAllow1].text = "Custom.LinkSrg"
field[cfgAllow2].text = "SpecGroup.LnkSrg"
note: was going to add "& !Helper.Helper" but I can't even get the list items to appear correctly.

Created "abilities" (first tab under General in editor. Tried using simple but those apparently are not valid selections). If I give it the "Custom.LinkSrg" or "SpecGroup.LnkSrg" on the items already they always show, but as mentioned above, I would like to limit it so only certain selections are shown based on if they are in the character's book.

Tried removing the tags from the ability:
Result: ability does not show in either table on configurable

Created a fake spell and bootstrapped the ability to the fake spell with the tags "Custom.LinkSrg" and "SpecGroup.LnkSrg".
Result: The ability shows as something on the hero (floating window) and shows the tags, but the ability still did not show in either configurable tables.

Created Eval scrip on fake spell
Code:
Pre-levels 1000
perform hero.childfound[abSrgBlend].assign[Custom.LinkSrg]
perform hero.childfound[abSrgBlend].assign[SpecGroup.LnkSrg]
perform hero.childfound[abSrgBlend].delete[Helper.Helper]
Result: Again, the ability can be found in the floating window and the tags show, but it still is not showing on the configurable tables.

Also tried the script on the ability
Code:
Post-levels 100
If (hero.childfound[spFakeBlend].tagis[Spellbook.cHelpWiz] <> 0) then
perform assign[Custom.LinkSrg]
perform assign[SpecGroup.LnkSrg]
perform delete[Helper.Helper]
endif
Result: as above, the ability can be found in the floating window and the tags show appropriately, but it still is not showing on the configurable tables.

Right now, my only guess is that the configurable table is looking only at initial tags and not at any tags added or removed by eval scrips.

Last edited by Nightfox; March 12th, 2024 at 04:00 PM.
Nightfox is offline   #19 Reply With Quote