View Single Post
Dami

Old December 23rd, 2023, 01:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mediator9292 View Post
The non-Ultimate HL product on DTRPG lists Dungeons & Dragons as well as Pathfinder OGL 1E as the compatible Rules Systems - which to me sounds like 2 different systems, and they just neglected to specify which edition of D&D, though since it was published during the 5e era, it seems apparent that they mean 5e.
The main text refers to Pathfinder RPG and other D20 systems. (I'd take that as 3.x) The later bit " Rule System: Dungeons & Dragons, Pathfinder OGL 1E" I'd say is lazy identification, or categorization chosen in DTRPG. There's no explicit reference to 5E.

I think you're out of luck with 5E unless you want to convert the files yourself. (Install into 5E, and then slowly work through converting anything that it identifies as an error.) Of course, while you are doing all this work, you probably can't use 5E because it won't load other user files.

Your best bet is probably contacting DDS and hoping they have some-one else who's interested in doing HL files for 5E. (The guy doing the PF SoP hasn't communicated on the forum for over a year.)

Current RPG's: Pathfinder (GM), Pathfinder (Player), Gamma World (GM, Pathfinder homebrew).
HeroLab: 3.5 & Pathfinder. HL User Files for PF: Greyhawk Setting, Gamma World (WIP).

DM and player of D&D since 1980.
Dami is offline   #4 Reply With Quote