View Single Post
Lord Magus

Old August 17th, 2023, 10:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sendric View Post
If I understand correctly, you're adding this item power to the armor during the purchase process, and it correctly changes the armor's price?
For the item example I just gave (the "Casting" item power), there is a script on the power to set its own price (iPriceCash field) depending on which weapon type it is associated with. It can run no later than First 10000, otherwise iPriceCash is modified but not taken into account for the custom weapon's final price. Thus, while the script gathers information on another pick on the gizmo, it only modifies the thing it is on (the "Casting" power).

For the armor, the price-modifying script on the armor aims to affect the prices of the powers, not the armor's. I add the armor, then the script reduces some item power prices, if the relevant powers are added, during the purchase process. So it does not modify the thing it is on (the armor), but the prices of other picks in the gizmo (armor powers).

The process in the case of the armor would look something like this:
1) Select - Custom/Magic Armor - from the "Magic, Custom & Masterwork" section of the Armor tab
2) A window pops up, enabling customization (iMagArmor pick)
3) Pick base Armor
4) Pick armor Powers
5) Armor power prices adjusted by script on previously chosen armor
6) Final price of armor calculated in the pop-up window, according to the picks added, including armor type, masterwork, ac enhancement bonuses and armor powers (including those with modified price)
7) Purchase Armor at final price

Last edited by Lord Magus; August 17th, 2023 at 10:41 AM. Reason: Trying to make my goals clearer, sorry if it muddles things up
Lord Magus is offline   #17 Reply With Quote