View Single Post
bordercount

Old March 4th, 2009, 06:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yobtar View Post
I noticed that on pg 121 of the WHFB rulebook that characters that are not allowed to wear normal armour/helms/shields also cannot choose to wear magic armour/helms/shields unless Army books specify differently.
So if a character cannot buy the reg armour they cannot buy magic armour.
I have also noticed that AB does not apply this rule as many characters can purchase magic armour/shields/helms without being able to purchase the regular versions.
I hate to point this out as the huge recoding issue it might bring but also due to the fact that it hurts my army as well.
I think this rule is good in purpose but the fact that some Army books still haven't been published to coincide with the 7th edition rules really hampers those armies with this rule.
...? This is not a new rule for 7th Edition.

However, after some testing with AB, I did find two possible errors: Butchers were allowed to take one piece of magic armor, though I'm not 100% on their rules; Warlock Engineers had the option to take magic armor, though not magic shields, and again I'm not 100% on their rules, either.

In other cases where wizards are allowed magic armor, this are very specifically allowed (BoC Bray-Shamans taking Chaos Armor, Empire Wizards taking the Armor of Tarnus).
bordercount is offline   #4 Reply With Quote