View Single Post
cerkit

Old February 1st, 2020, 11:00 AM
I personally think this is a waste of development time. This doesn't add anything but more things to do for a real-life table, and VTTs already seem to have what they need. The "O" in HLO is a waste of time and, frankly, I think it's a hindrance for reasons many have already pointed out in other threads.

I need a tool that will help me create characters and print character sheets (good ones, not the ones it's creating now) for use at the table. When my players create characters on their HLO, I want to bring them into my HLO account for (maybe) referring to them during the game from my iPad (something I could do with HL Classic) and checking them for accuracy.

I'm extremely disappointed and have already advised my players to create their characters using paper and pencil, since there's no way to export/import characters.

I think we'll stick to paper and pencil for the time being. Which is sad, because Hero Lab was a great tool for generating characters quickly. But, honestly, I'm growing tired of buying the same book twice - Hard Cover and Hero Lab content just to play a paper and pencil RPG.

I'll keep my eyes on Hero Lab, and hope it gets some sensible features that don't look like a player-driven (M)MORPG.
cerkit is offline   #30 Reply With Quote