Thread: Eberron Races
View Single Post
dungeonguru

Old August 4th, 2018, 05:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AEIOU View Post
I've updated the original UA Changeling to the official WFGtE Changeling but cannot figure out how to limit the pick for " ...your Dexterity or your Intelligence increases by 1 (your choice)."

I used the half-elf code to add two abilities. I successfully changed it to one ability. I cannot figure out how to restrict the pick to DEX or INT. I think it's the ChooseSrc1 line but I'm not a programmer so this is frustrating me....

Code:
 <thing id="raChV2A" name="Select One Attribute To Increase By One." description="Select One Attribute To Increase By One." compset="RaceSpec">
     <tag group="fShowWhat" tag="Attributes"/>
     <tag group="RaceSort" tag="Attribute" name="Attribute" abbrev="Attribute"/>
     <tag group="ChooseSrc1" tag="Hero" name="All Picks on Hero" abbrev="All Picks on Hero"/>
    <eval phase="UserPreAt" priority="5000"><![CDATA[   ~ If we're disabled, do nothing
      doneif (tagis[Helper.Disable] <> 0)

if (field[usrChosen1].ischosen <> 0) then
        field[usrChosen1].chosen.field[aStartMod].value += 1
        perform field[usrChosen1].chosen.assign[Custom.AttrUp]
        endif]]></eval>
    </thing>
So, in the editor where you have selected on the Select From... you probably have Attributes, you'll need to set this back to -None- and put in a custom expression instead that narrows down to two.

Your custom expression you can type;
component.BaseAttr & (thingid.aDEX|thingid.aINT)
dungeonguru is offline   #2 Reply With Quote