View Single Post
wheredoigo

Old June 7th, 2018, 02:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thaX View Post
This is a list of stuff you can't do.

Putting your own pic in for the Portrait, Printing the character using normal character sheet, printing character using self made/user made character sheet, Saving a character on one's own computer, using the client offline (on one's own computer instead of server), adjusting scripts to accommodate user made entities/adjustments of houserules, access to other licenses from Classic already bought and paid for, access to the program from an interface that works outside of a browser (PC/Mac), ability to add in/adjust magical items to fit campaign, ability to run in play adjustments at the table (offline, as most Wi Fi is paid only, especially at conventions), able to print directly to PDF (Using CutePDF or another client?)...

I am sure there is more, this is just off the top of my head. I am on it now and will be testing out some of the things myself. If it is like the Demo of the Classic version, I won't be able to print anything anyways, but I need to finagle around the program (client?) to see how it is.
At least one of the things you've mentioned might not even be possible given that Hero Lab Online is a web program. I don't know how Lone Wolf Development could implement "access to the program from an interface that works outside of a browser (PC/Mac)". It is Hero Lab Online. It is browser based. My limited understanding of programming/web development leads me to think this would require a separate program for both Mac and PC (potentially IOS and Android as well) that can access the server. That would be counterproductive to their reasoning for going online. One of the reasons they chose a web based program so they wouldn't have to create programs for multiple platforms.

Custom character portraits and offline mode are both on the roadmap as future enhancements. Printing directly to PDF is already available. I print all of my players' character sheets to PDF to save as backups at each level. For now I am adding custom character portraits by printing to PDF, adding the image to the sheet, then printing it.

Access to previously purchased HLC licenses will be implemented as new systems are converted over to HLO. Until then you still have access to everything you have already purchased in HLC. Even after new systems are implemented you will not be required to convert over to HLO, so you can stick with what you like if HLO never improves to an acceptable level to you.
wheredoigo is offline   #34 Reply With Quote