View Single Post
karpana

Old May 9th, 2018, 06:48 PM
Hi There,

I'm working on a some custom "Rings of Eloquence", and have copied out all the pertinent bits to provide the skill bonuses (using the uncopy-able one from a supplement).

What I'm trying to do is add the 4 custom languages, so that they show up in the character's languages known, and have successfully determined that each of the languages needs to be "bootstrapped" in. So this is working.

I've also determined, thanks to the wonderful "401" conditions page figured out that I can use "fieldval:gIsEquip <> 0" to only action the bootstrap if the magic ring is listed as equipped. So this is working.

What isn't working is detecting whether the bootstrapped language is already present on the character or not... I've been trying to use "SpeakLang.lFirstSpch" and "hero#SpeakLang.lFirstSpch" do not provide any results.

The compiler won't let me put the timing any later than Pre-Levels 10000, so I'm at a loss...

How do I get the condition to detect that 1) the language in question doesn't already exist on the character, so that when the ring is equipped, it adds the language in the bootstrap.

This is what I currently have for my lFirstSpch bootstrap
Code:
fieldval:gIsEquip <> 0 & hero#SpeakLang.lFirstSpch = 0
THanks in advance.
karpana is offline   #1 Reply With Quote