View Single Post
Lawful_g
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old November 12th, 2007, 09:41 AM
Actually I did figure several of these out after a couple of hours. For the different abilities based on gender I made two seperate races, one for male and the other for female, but just out of curiousity is there a way to make gender selection automatic or a prerequisite? I know there are some prestige classes that can only be taken by women (Beloved of Valorian from Exalted Deeds I think it was called? Unicorn riding virginal female rangers was the idea...).

For natural spellcasting I found the entry for Rakshasa and the way that was solved was by bootstrapping the cHelpSor panel and adding an Eval script that gave however many levels of the class. The problem with this is that in addition to the spellcasting you also get the base saves and attack bonus of the sorceror of that level. I just lowered the base save/attack of the draconian race by an equal amount, so it works at first... the problem lies when you add levels of sorceror the base save and attack bonuses are thrown off by the levels the race already has. It doesn't, for example, give +2 to will saves at first level.

Theoretically I could also use this principle to add sneak attack via rogue levels, but that would be even more messy because rogues have special abilities that are thrown off by 1 level...

Rashasa also provided me with tags to designate natural weapons as primary or secondary, so that is fine now, it turned out to be as simple as assigning the tag.

Also one of the natural abilities of an Aurak is a ray attack that deals 4d6 damage. I made a weapon entry for it, but it can't go up to 4d6 damage. I'd like to know what the tag to assign 4d6 as the damage is, since 1d4_4 is apparently d6 if I remember right. Would it be 4d4_4 maybe? I'd try it but I am not at home right now. Is there a table with this information somewhere in the Authoring kit docs?

So my current questions in order of appearance are.

1: What is the tag for the Transmutation school that will let me forbid it?
2: Is there a way to gray our or flash a warning that you do not meet the requirements for certain custom abilities?
3: Is there a way just to add sorceror spellcasting and not the levels so that BA/Save progression is not altered?
4: Can gender be a pre-requisite or automatically picked by race?
5: How can I make racial Sneak attack dice stack with sneak attack dice from other sources (classes etc) without adding said classes?
6: What is the tag to assign 4d6 dam to a weapon? Is there a reference table somewhere?

Possible errors I noticed
1: All natural weapons of Trolls and Gargoyles (possible others) are all registering as secondary
2: Hobgoblin racial abilities are citing Bugbear as thier source, the summary of racial skill bonus is wrong for both.
Lawful_g is offline   #8 Reply With Quote