View Single Post
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old January 6th, 2017, 03:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kbs666 View Post
The 2015 GenCon seminar recommended against using the realm home page for this. The examples shown specifically included the GM and player synopsis topics for this stuff.
That's not entirely accurate. The Realm Starting Point topic (or Home topic) *IS* the starting point for your REALM. However, the objective is in breaking things up. If you have a large realm, then you probably don't want a single, massive topic that the players have to wade through. You probably want to break stuff up into smaller pieces. In addition, the Home topic is UNIQUE to YOUR realm. Consequently, it is not possible for someone else to insert anything into your Home topic when they publish/share material. And you probably wouldn't want them to do that, even if they could. So the objective when sharing material is to organize everything in a clean manner that others can readily integrate into their own existing realms. That is achieved through a Source topic/article, plus one or more GM Synopsis and Player Synopsis topics.

I've got a partially written document that outlines the anatomy and the thinking behind everything. Unfortunately, after the multiple hospital stays last month, I'm (a) woefully behind and (b) have a long road to a full recovery. That latter one is the real gotcha right now, since I'm barely running on impulse power instead of the usual Warp Factor 9. So I'm working on getting you guys this stuff as fast as I can, but it's not going nearly as fast as is needed.

All I can do is ask for some patience while I get all this stuff together for everyone.
rob is offline   #6 Reply With Quote