View Single Post
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old October 31st, 2016, 04:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ibecker View Post
Google "Hangouts On Air"/"YouTube Live" may be a better choice than Skype: you can have more than 25 people participate, as well as a live chat stream for questions/discussions. Additionally, the resulting video can be edited & made available easily on YouTube.

(Full Disclosure: I'm an engineer at Google. The above represents my personal opinion; I do not claim to represent my employer.)
Nothing personal, but I'm not very keen on Google Hangouts. To be honest, I'm also not a big fan of Skype, but I prefer it over my last experience with Google Hangouts. That being said, this may be a special case requiring an exception.

I use Skype for work regularly with a live chat stream while sharing computer screens. Is there something I'm not aware of regarding Skype that won't work the same with a larger size group?

I've never tried recording a Skype session, so that may be a significant point of concern. Is anyone here highly knowledgeable about Skype that can comment on this subject? Will recording the Skype session be a problem?
rob is offline   #55 Reply With Quote