View Single Post
ich.pdf

Old April 28th, 2016, 08:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrawn21 View Post
Marks on a device are linked to your persona, not the device you are using. And if you logout of the matrix to switch your persona to another device, all marks you have get erased.
Agree

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrawn21 View Post
If I recall the rules correctly, you cannot slave a comlink (a master device) or and RRC (a master device too) to a cyberdeck.
Disagree.

I rolled intuition + Computer ( obessive... yes ) on my German Shadowrun Core Rule Book .pdf. I searched for "Slave" and nowhere is said, that a commlink can't be a slave. It says on p. 230 that only devices can be slaves, only commlinks and decks can be masters (I think they are just not mentioning RCCs because they are introduced in another chapter) and technomancers can neither be masters nor slaves (the latter would actually be redundant, if a master could never be a slave, anyway).

The statement about technomancers is repeated in the technomancer section. They can neither be slaves nor masters, p. 249.

Finally, on p. 265 in the rigger section, it is clarified that an RCC can be slave to a host. That is how security spiders use their RCCs. More than that, it is sufficient for them to have drones be slaves of the host, too, and still use the RCC. It is not saying something about using autosofts together with drones which are co-slaves to the same master but I think, one can assume that this is possible.

So an RCC can definitely be a slave. The question is: Is it only possible in a WAN with a Host as a master?

PS: Unfortunately page references from German Core Rule Book are pointless for English users. I will try to identify the relevant sections:
p. 230 = titled "PANs and WANs", next section is about Grids, there are two little boxes with examples. Tesseract appears in one and Pistons and dev/grrl in the other one
p. 249 = the section about the living persona of technomancers
p. 265 = titled "PANs and WANs for rigger", on the same page is a table with the different RCCs
ich.pdf is offline   #9 Reply With Quote