View Single Post
tenro

Old September 8th, 2015, 10:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheIronGolem View Post
Hi tenro, I did a lot of the Path of War content, the Battle Templar included.

The reason I list PrC maneuvers separately is because they often have their own discipline restrictions for maneuvers gained, separately from whatever other initiating classes the character has. For instance, the Battle Templar can only take maneuvers from Golden Lion plus two others of the player's choice. So if you picked, say, Iron Tortoise and Steel Serpent, you can't take a Thrashing Dragon maneuver from a Battle Templar level, even if one of your other classes had access to it.

If I wanted to add the PrC's maneuvers to that of a previous class, I'd have to enforce multiple sets of discipline restrictions within the same maneuver list. That's not impossible, but it would be really difficult and time-consuming, and the result would likely be very buggy and prone to errors. In fact, just thinking about it makes my brain want to slither out of one ear and go to Coldstone Creamery - and I can't afford to keep buying all those extra toppings that thing always wants.
Hah! I do love that place, though dairy products don't agree with me! (Praise be to lactaid)

Thanks for the explanation, and all the work you did to make it easier for me to build a POW character. Maybe in the next update an option under the Adjustments tab could let us increase our readied maneuver total? Or should i just give the character the Extra Readied Maneuver bonus feat under adjustments? I suppose that would be easier.
tenro is offline   #497 Reply With Quote