View Single Post
Parody

Old August 13th, 2015, 09:56 PM
At the table, the intent is that you use a second monitor and the Player View feature to show them things in real time. The Player accounts are meant for viewing offline or referencing things from previous sessions, not real time updates.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broley View Post
So my first question, how do my players connect to my Realm?
To invite players, they need to install Realm Works and/or create a new Windows User on a machine that has Realm Works installed. Then they need to create an account with either a Player or GM license. Then you can use the Messages tab in the Realm Works Launcher to invite them to your Realm, using either their Realm Works account name or the email address they used when creating the account.

Quote:
Also, once connected I believe, but oh yeah I can easily be wrong, that changes I make, such as revealing a topic will then upload to the cloud and automatically download to them revealing whatever I just revealed. Is that how it works?
Nope. All changes have to be manually synced by the GM and then synced by the Player(s) before the Player(s) will see them.

Quote:
If I add something new, do I have to sync? How do I sync without closing the program?
You can't sync without closing the Realm. (Click the Realm Works icon and pick Switch Realms.)

Quote:
Can my players get changes as I make them, or is it more static than that? Do they see what I last synced and that's it, no changes can be made on the fly? Or do changes go up and then down to the players?
It's more static than that. They see what you last synced.

In the future the web client may be helpful here (the GM would only need to sync up; the players should pick it up on refresh) but that's in the future.

Hope this helps.

Parody is offline   #4 Reply With Quote