View Single Post
Dark Lord Galen

Old March 2nd, 2015, 03:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KefkaZ View Post
So I'm revisiting my use of Realm Works after taking some time off to play as opposed to GM, and realized that while I had put stuff in the Story and World Almanac, I haven't used the Mechanics Reference tab all that much. I DM Pathfinder (currently the beginning of book 2 of Reign of Winter) and I found myself just linking to the PRD for things like spells.

So my question is this: How are people utilizing the mechanics reference and making it useful for them?
Well, In my case, I utilize Mech Ref for a multitude of non-related in-campaign stuff that is not "in game" so to speak. Some supports Player Knowledge, others support character as to detailing the "environment they live in".

So I have reverences to Time lines (since the calendar is DOA currently,) Links to Players (since there is no Character reveal currently), many links to my Random Generators (such as City and Dungeon and Coat of Arms) (See Inkwell link at bottom)

I also use it for table specific (ie homebrew) stuff like rule clarifications, and what we call Song of the Bards (where I repurpose actual song lyrics into campaign hints of past present or future events)
Mine looks something like this, and is ever growing....

As you can see I have ALOT piled in it.. (and I hid most)

But I am certain this is one of many ways to approach it....

A useful set of tools I link to can be found
here>Inkwell Link>http://inkwellideas.com/

*Edit* to reduce Picture Size
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Mech TAB Combined.JPG (165.3 KB, 77 views)

Last edited by Dark Lord Galen; March 2nd, 2015 at 06:12 PM.
Dark Lord Galen is offline   #9 Reply With Quote