View Single Post
AEIOU

Old December 23rd, 2014, 05:48 PM
I use Cast List for the folks in a city or a dungeon or a region. The Cast List is a general bucket and I use it as a container. I don't care if my players know that someone is part of a group centered on a locale.

I use Group to describe a group. I attach people to the Group only through Relationships. I do not use Groups as containers because people can have multiple affiliations. I definitely care whether my players know if someone is a member of a secret society.

George Washington would contained in my East Coast cast group along with another 150 people of interest. I would have a South, Mid-West and West Coast cast as well.

George Washington would have relationships with the Free Masons, the Illuminati, the Sons of the Revolution and the Hell's Angels all of which he is a high ranking member but which are not public knowledge.

The Free Masons group would give information about the group and would likely also have a list of prominent members (for the GM's convenience of course). And it may have relationships with other organizations and base locations and resources.
AEIOU is offline   #4 Reply With Quote