View Single Post
Pollution

Old December 13th, 2014, 10:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkthomsen9 View Post
huh. I went back and looked what I was originally doing and found I was using the map key as the name and the room name as the identifier. This worked in the beginning but fell apart when you get six A1's.
That's what I did for RotRL, and it was working out just fine.....until I got the PE for my players.... It's not as great of a solution.

Something I did to fix the six A1's was to start eating a lot of steak (ba dum dum dum).

Seriously though, the aniversery edition of RotRL is great except for 2 of the dungeons have A1-A40 type rooms. So what I did there, is just make the second set AA1-AA40. Solved it nicely.

BUT, the issue became that the topic group looked terrible being A1 (map room) A2 (dining room) etc... I REALLY should have altered the category first (or created a dupe) to have the topic name AFTER the identifier (i.e. change it from suffix to prefix).

So instead of, "A1 (Entry Hall)," it would say, "(Entry Hall) A1," which would look nicer.

But...I made so many mistakes and missteps with my RotRL data entry from a PE point of view that I'd be WAY better off just buying the official version once the market place comes out.

In closing....when you're putting in Righteous, make sure you swap the Alias to a Prefix BEFORE you enter any topics for locations. if you put them in first, you have to either delete them to change it, OR, you have to dupe the category, change it to prefix, then change all the rooms you already did to the new category.

Lesson learned? Always make sure you have your categories set up properly BEFORE entering in any data. It will save your ass.
Pollution is offline   #5 Reply With Quote