View Single Post
zarlor

Old November 27th, 2014, 07:12 PM
Well, there are some... issues in the current data file for Deadlands. I handled Harrowed very differently in the Hell on Earth and Deadlands Noir files, for example, in a way that I think works better and there are several other problems in the current file. Most of them are easy enough to fix, but it's definitely been in need of a major revamp which is what I tried to do with the version I have. I've even given that file to CapedCrusader who is working on that update (after Sci-Fi and Supers 2, though.) So some of the things I've done will likely make it into the official version, but it is possible that the differences in my version, if CC decides to do them differently, will cause problems if you used a character created with it and tried to open it with the official version. Not to mention my version isn't part of the official update mechanism so you wouldn't get updates to it as easily. Feel free to play with the current one, though, and see if it does what you need.

Lenny Zimmermann
Metairie, LA, USA

Data files authored (please let me know if you see any issues with any of these if you have/use them):
Official (In the downloader)
50 Fathoms, Deadlands: Hell On Earth, Deadlands: Noir, East Texas University, Necessary Evil (requires Super Powers Companion), Pirates of the Spanish Main, Space 1889 (original file by Erich), Tour of Darkness, Weird War II, Weird Wars: Rome
Coming Eventually
Evernight (LWD has completed their review but I have some fixes to make first... although Pinnacle mentioned this might get an overhaul to SWADE so I may just wait for that first. If you just HAVE to have this now, though, just PM me)
zarlor is offline   #58 Reply With Quote