View Single Post
Viking2054

Old August 29th, 2014, 02:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mirtos View Post
Other web developers might want to build a different sort of website or sites for their campaigns (different from the Players View), and other people might simply want to plug it into word, or acrobat to make their own PDFs, or many other things. I think thats what EightBitz and I were alluding to in earlier posts (If Im incorrect EightBitz, I apologize for speaking on your behalf.
First, in my opinion this only works for purchased material that LWD has either licensed or created themselves with the intent to sell. Things we create should be under our control and don't need a digital watermark unless you want to throw it up for sale on LWD's store for RW.

I don't disagree with you, but people with the player edition or using a web browser to view the content don't need to export. I can understand printing to paper or PDF for them though, and the PDF version should contain the digital watermark possibly with an extra digital tag to identify the player account or e-mail address of the web user printing the material to PDF. If exporting is limited to the full license (GM version) and only to the person that purchased/created the content then the only thing that needs any restrictions is purchased content.

Most people that write or try to write, myself included, don't need to worry about legal ramifications unless the work is not unique and can be considered derivative of some other parties Intellectual property. Trying to write a story in the Star Trek, Star Wars, Harry Potter settings would require permissions as far as I know and so would any other franchise. But most writers aren't going to share their works in progress outside a select few, until it is finished or near finished anyway.

I'm not averse to Rob and crew taking their time and thinking this through, but digital watermarks have been used in the past and could be used here, in my opinion. Maybe Rob and the gang will come up with something better, I don't know, but maybe not.

Now, for someone willing to sit down in front of their computer for hours on end in order to type all the info for some module/rule book into Realm Works I don't have a solution for you except for some kind of policing by LWD or this community.

Last edited by Viking2054; August 29th, 2014 at 02:39 AM.
Viking2054 is offline   #77 Reply With Quote