View Single Post
Korav

Old July 11th, 2014, 04:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathias View Post
I'm sorry to say that we have not had as much time to work on the custom output as we would like, and there are several known issues with it - there's a lot of information it doesn't currently include. Improving this is one of the projects on our to-do list.

The same xml output is available through either the custom output option or as one of the items in the .por file.
I can understand prioritization of features .

However, just to throw some business justification in hopes of bumping this up in the priority list for future consideration and planning. Roll20 is booming right now, they are seeing significant growth and activity, largely due to ease of use and availability.

One of the key features that they introduced recently are character sheets, and while this was a significant improvement in Roll20, it leads to the next iteration of problems, namely how tedious it can be to fill out a Pathfinder sheet. As a GM a large portion of my setup time is spent filling out sheets for some players, but also for NPC/Monters.

If a bridge can be built between Roll20 and Hero Lab it allows growth opportunities for Hero Lab because people will recognize the time savings associated with this bridge and the encounter builder. Jump into Hero Labs, export the portfolio to XML, copy into Roll20 and import it! Encounter done!

The javascript XML parser hopefully won't be too overly complex, but for it to be truly effective, the required data to fill out a character sheet properly simply needs to be there.

Anyway, down off my software development soapbox! Thanks for making a great tool!
Korav is offline   #6 Reply With Quote