View Single Post
ethanism

Old June 16th, 2014, 12:53 PM
I've been having issues getting certain community portfolios to open on my iPad2 as well. Here are the relevant versions I'm using, in case that matters:
  • iOS 7.1.1 (11D201)
  • Hero Lab v5.1.2 (#10432)
  • Pathfinder Roleplaying Game 9.3/9.4
  • iPad Community Super Pack 1.11/1.12

In an effort to determine the possible cause, I performed the following troubleshooting:
  • Uninstall HL from iPad
  • Reboot iPad
  • Reinstall HL from App Store
  • Attempt to load stock PC portfolios (iconic characters), which load fine
  • Attempt to open a portfolio with all my PCs ("PCs.por" created in Hero Lab for PC, with the Community Bestiary installed, and transferred to iPad via Google Drive). This portfolio loaded okay, with some expected errors about unreferenced objects.
  • Attempt to open a Community Adventure Path Portfolio ("C1BlueBightsEmbrace.por" from the Skulls & Shackles AP, Book 2), this opens fine w/some expected unreferenced object errors.
  • Update Pathfinder Roleplaying Game from 9.3 to 9.4
  • Attempt to open PCs.por, which opens fine with the same (expected) errors as above.
  • Attempt to open C1BlueBightsEmbrace.por, which opens fine with the same (expected) errors as above.
  • Install iPad Community Super Pack v1.11 via "New Update Source" method directly on the iPad.
  • Attempt to open same two test portfolios, which now both open correctly w/o and unreferenced object errors.
  • Notice available update to iPad Community Super Pack v1.12; download and install it after removing previous iPad Community Super Pack version.
  • Both test portfolios load fine w/o errors.
  • Download another community portfolio I would like to use ("Event17AMightyFortress.por" from Skulls & Shackles Book 2).
  • Attempt to load this portfolio, which brings up the loading screen, then drops me back to the iPad home screen after about 5 seconds. HL still appears to be running (in the double-click app list), and I can switch to it but I'm still at the "Select Portfolio" page.

The only thing I could think of that might cause this would be the size of the portfolio (31 heroes instead of 5, 7, or 8 that my previous test had), but I'm not sure how to go about troubleshooting beyond this point. Is there anything I can do to help determine the cause of the "crash"?
ethanism is offline   #8 Reply With Quote