View Single Post
MaxSupernova

Old April 2nd, 2014, 02:44 PM
I have my world well fleshed out and entered, but my "encounters" are more complicated than "monster or room here".

My notes will have descriptions of various rooms they might see (which will likely never be seen again and therefore aren't worthy of almanac entries), random encounter charts for the various areas they will be in, notes of which way a certain NPC will play a conversation depending on what the PCs are doing, some text to read to players at certain times, notes on a half dozen possible ways the situation might turn out.

None of those really need to be full-blown almanac entries. They are just notes for a single adventure that will never be referenced again.

User Notes would be perfect if they could be referenced via plot points.

I think for now I will create a "Events" -> "Incidents" called "Session 5" and place Incidents under that (using Session 5 as a container) with notes and ideas that I can pin to plot points. For each session I'll just create a new high level container. Then I can remove them later if there's nothing worth keeping, and I have my notes in containers by session.

-------

I guess, larger-scale I was wondering how Realm Works is used as a planning tool rather than just an encyclopedia. It's a fantastic encyclopedia, but there are some unclear bits to me about using it for planning anything other than room-based or monster-based dungeon crawls.

Last edited by MaxSupernova; April 2nd, 2014 at 03:29 PM.
MaxSupernova is offline   #7 Reply With Quote