View Single Post
forbinproject

Old March 4th, 2014, 01:15 AM
The first thing that would improve the encounter builder is the ability to 'add' custom folders to the set of locations incorporated into the EB.

Here's my use case;

I'm using the encounter builder to check if an encounter in my Rise of the Runelords Game might turn into a TPK. The encounter consists of 2 lamia Clerics, 2 stock CR10 red dragons and a jotunblood giant.

The lamia clerics and Jotunblood giant exist as community *.por files available online; I can bring in the red dragons from the bestiary files.

To do this though, I have to save the lamia and giant *.por files into the data/pathfinder directory - which clutters it up a bit. If I could 'point' the EB at the folder where I've already got the custom *.por files it would speed everything up.

failing that, if I can have a single 'custom' folder for EB files within my data/pathfinder directory, that keeps things neater.

in terms of use of the EB, I'm naming these custom files 0Custom_filename.por for the moment so that I can locate them quickly. The EB did show me that when the giant turns up, the encounter shifts from CR 14 to CR 17; so I'd better put quite a delay in before the giant makes it into the combat! In that sense the EB is *really* useful
forbinproject is offline   #6