View Single Post
llothos

Old December 26th, 2013, 10:34 PM
delays are delays and it happens, but it's the thorough lack of communication that upsets the fans and those of us that missed out or couldn't back the project at the time. I for one do not believe in backing something that is a "promise"...we "promise" to make this product if you give us your money. I'm not saying Lone Wolf is a shady company but projects do become bigger than expected or something major occurs within the company and they just can't work on it anymore and project gets scrapped, my money is now wasted as those resources have already likely been spent. I will however give money to something that is "early access" as I have something I can sink my teeth into and watch it grow, it's a fairly new concept (thats become popular) and it's working.

I respect a company that wants to release a product "when it's ready" and I will wait patiently but what I do not respect is a lack of communication to the community. Sometimes it's days between posts and prior to that it was worse, and they made the mistake of giving too narrow of a time frame for expected release windows for various stages of development. You disappoint less when you keep release info more vague and after you are sure you can hit a specific date then you give specifics. Instead of saying release in july then push it to sept and then sept comes and it's changed to oct then finally changed to maybe by christmas time they should have indicated maybe Q4 2013 to Q1 2014 but then keep the community posted with regular updates.
llothos is offline   #9