Thread: Reveal for GM
View Single Post
Cornelius

Old September 18th, 2013, 02:29 AM
At first glance this seems useful, but as I think about it I wonder if it is really necessary.

With individuals: The situation you describe I would have in an encounter topic several snippets with information about the individual. I would make a link to the topic describing the individual in more detail. When the snippet is revealed to the players I know that they have the information, but not necessarily the information who the person is.

Storyboard: I would reveal all steps within the storyboard that the players used. the ones they did not use I would keep not revealed. So the steps in the storyboard that are revealed show the path the players took. The question is why would you not reveal the path the players took?

In Encounter topics I will reveal only the information the players received. All the options that they did not use are not revealed. If I had several options the one revealed is the one I used. The others are not revealed.

Flagging material for revision: You could use the Notes section for this. It is the area where you can place notes on revisions. You can use links or relationships to link it to the topic you need to revision. With relationships it will be shown when you look at the topic. Although I must agree that it would be useful here.

Flagging important snippets or those out of the norm: I am not sure I would use this. Although some information may be important it is up to the players to determine if they think it is important. If there is something that I need to know when I click on the topic I would probably add a snippet with this information. A snippet that will not be revealed to the players of course. I can use other fonts or make the information bold so it stands out for me as GM.

Highlighting skill check items: not sure what you mean by this. Can you give some example?
Cornelius is offline   #7 Reply With Quote