View Single Post
risner
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old April 16th, 2013, 08:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by djc664 View Post
"I'm not saying that this product would need to handle every possible scenario, either. There is probably a top ten list of moderately difficult things users who don't use the editor due to the steep learning curve would want that would yield a fantastic result."

mention Watson ... not meant to be AI at all
I read that line, chalk it up to we differ in opinion.
There isn't any AI better than Watson and Watson isn't and by creators can't be call AI. So if the closest to AI isn't AI. Hmm.

If we go on your theory, then you need to be able to create a Class. Everyone will want a class and if it can't create a class 80% will consider it not worth using. Creating a class is probably the hardest thing to automate in the form of a question/answer point/click thing. At least anything better than the current class creation mechanism inside HL.

I'll grant you that I'm no expert on programming complex things. I've done 28 years of C code maintenance but most original programming has been Perl, PHP, and Python. My expertise is in FreeBSD/Linux admin and Cisco router/firewall support. So you are welcome to assume I don't know anything and I can't exactly appeal to authority and claim extensive knowledge of programming to reject that view.
risner is offline   #20 Reply With Quote