View Single Post
jlong05
Volunteer Data File Author

Send a message via MSN to jlong05

Old April 9th, 2013, 03:59 PM
Edavi,

Apology accepted and I hope you accept mine as well as my intention was not to alienate players, but educate as quickly as possible.

Again, I don't think any maintainer feels 'taken advantage of'. At least by Lonewolf. The guys at LW are all great and willing to help out in any way they can, but we as maintainer understand the limits legally. That isn't to say we haven't tried to work out better arrangements with GW, but in 100% of the cases we have been met with closed doors and in a few cases letters requiring we stop.

Now, as you know we haven't stopped, but I will admit it was damn close last year and this was because of GW, not LW and not because of maintainer feelings. As such we endeavored through a solution that for now seems to have stopped GW from bothering us and continue the files for everyone. This is mainly the reason for my sig, and is a shared sig by several, if not all, the maintainers.

In the long run though, Army Builder is a great tool for tabletop gaming. Everyone needs to remember though that when/if the files for GW products stop, it is not be quad of anything LW did, or any unhappiness from maintainers but will most likely be due to GW finding some official way to stop it permanently. Most other companies see AB for its benefits to their sales, but for some reason GW just sees it as a loss to them. In fact, think yourself on how much more willing you are to buy new models and books and stuff when you have a tool available to make your gaming so easy.

Hopefully you see this as reasons to stick and continue using AB, I know I prefer seeing lists from AB over handmade lists as I have to double and triple check those taking time from my games. I can't speak for your gaming group, but in general AB has more merits than pitfalls in my opinion.

The only "hobby" GW is interested in is lining their pockets with your money.

Last edited by jlong05; April 9th, 2013 at 04:02 PM.
jlong05 is offline   #22