Thread: Deathwatch
View Single Post
RavenX
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old March 31st, 2013, 06:42 AM
Progress as of now
I have attached a screenshot of my progress on Deathwatch.

I have managed to implement Solo Mode and Squad Mode tabs through a selector on the top right corner of the user interface. The user chooses which mode their Space Marine is in, and the relevant tab is shown for that mode along with a table that displays the abilities the Space Marine has access to.

I have managed to implement the Psychic Powers, Solo and Squad Mode abilities as of now. These were probably some of the larger hurdles I was worried about.

Psychic Power tab only shows up if the character has a Psy Rating of at least 1.

I have to finish doing some racial bootstraps for the space marine race to deal with implants and talents, but as the screen shot attached shows, I've managed to figure a few things out on my own and get them implemented properly.

I still have a few issues I will need assistance with but I think the tougher tabs have been conquered now. I am going to finish cleaning up the UI on this data and get the basic character creation aspects wrapped up before taking on the advancements.

I feel quite accomplished now though.

Mathias,

Thank you for the help, your insights have been invaluable into getting the data this far.

I have a question for you. I know you can make a check box appear on the UI that the user can click on (Like in Pathfinder the way Paladins have the "Lost if Ex Member" checkbox) is it possible to create checkboxes that appear on the UI that the user can't check? I am asking on account of skills. I was considering having the check boxes on the skill tab in a way similar to the character sheet (Basic? Trained? +10? +20?) so the user can see what training and upgrades they have on skills.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Deathwatch Progress Mar 31 13.JPG (150.7 KB, 6 views)
RavenX is offline   #97 Reply With Quote