Lone Wolf Development Forums

Lone Wolf Development Forums (http://forums.wolflair.com/index.php)
-   HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game (http://forums.wolflair.com/forumdisplay.php?f=62)
-   -   Tracker help (http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=59429)

direinsomniac October 29th, 2017 10:46 PM

Tracker help

I am trying to understand how the AddReq condition tag works.

I've been trying to understand it by looking at the Lightning Reload gunslinger deed, but can't seem to get it to work.

I have literally copied the Grit tracker and renamed it to my custom resource, and have copied the lightning reload gunslinger deed, substituting my custom resource tracker for the existing Grit tracker, but I get this error when I try to compile.

Code:

Hero Lab was forced to stop compilation after the following errors were detected:

File: Linchpin.user (line 396) - Thing 'cLinLigRel' (dynamic tag) - Tag 'Focus' not defined

I can't understand what I am doing / did wrong?

DeltaMasterMind October 30th, 2017 04:40 AM

Mind posting the file or scripts? Looks like you are missing a string like such:
perform hero.findchild[COMPONENT TAG].setfocus
I was going to look up the code myself, but my main machine isn't using my larger library code atm. Thus I can not pull up the deed at this time. If I get to it before you see this I will try to post a remedy to your issue.

Mathias October 30th, 2017 08:17 AM

I'd look for a typo in your code, shortly after wherever you're making use of a focus - on the same line.

direinsomniac October 31st, 2017 08:01 AM

On the General tab, I went to Tracker and copied the Grit tracker, renamed it Focus and then saved and compiled.
>> This item only has 2 Tags:
Group Id Usage Type Id Day
Group Id User Type Id Tracker

From there I went to the Class tab, then to Class Special where I then copied the Gunslinger Deed Lightning Reload, this special has 3 tags:
Group Id AbilType Type Id Extra
Group Id AddReq Type Id Focus
Group Id AbCategory Type Id LinTech

I also have the Focus special which has the following tags

((Have to do the screenshot as a link as I can't get the image code to work right))

It also has the trkFocus bootstrapped to it.

Mathias October 31st, 2017 08:22 AM

AddReq works by triggering scripts that are behind the scenes, so you cannot add new ones and expect them to magically work without writing a script to handle them, and as it says in that message, that tag is not defined, because this is a tag group that you are not allowed to define new items for (without access to the core files).

direinsomniac November 1st, 2017 09:49 AM

And I assume as an end user I don't have those kinds of access. So is there a script that I could use to perform the same function as the AddReq tag?

Mathias November 1st, 2017 10:17 AM

All AddReq does is assign Helper.SpcDisable if the conditions aren't met.