Lone Wolf Development Forums

Lone Wolf Development Forums (http://forums.wolflair.com/index.php)
-   Realm Works Feature Requests (http://forums.wolflair.com/forumdisplay.php?f=84)
-   -   inviting a second GM (http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=57218)

Stoakley December 15th, 2016 10:03 AM

inviting a second GM

I love what you are doing with realm works but there is one feature that would really help out my group. We are creating a shared world where we all take turns GMing our own areas of the planet. I would like to be able to invite additional gamemasters. The "role" drop down box implies that this is on your radar but can you give me or point me to more info?

kbs666 December 15th, 2016 10:54 AM

We don't really know how long it will be till this will happen.

However we expect to be able to share realms within the next month which should allow for a group of GM's to share a realm as long as only one adds content at a time.

Farling December 15th, 2016 11:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kbs666 (Post 239708)
However we expect to be able to share realms within the next month which should allow for a group of GM's to share a realm as long as only one adds content at a time.

I'm fairly sure that this would be very cumbersome using export/import all the time; and at some point the GMs will get out of sync with each other.

AEIOU December 15th, 2016 05:25 PM

This has been requested and discussed in the past. There is no known ETA and no indication that it will be in the works within the next year.

rob December 15th, 2016 10:09 PM

If the GMs each develop independent spaces of the world, export/import should work. If GMs are reaching into all the same spaces, it would require lots of discipline across all GMs. So it might not be a practical solution. It really depends...

Greebo December 15th, 2016 10:13 PM

+1
Generally speaking, I would love to have this feature.

But for now the export/import feature will certainly suffice for me.

Merion January 18th, 2017 02:56 AM

+1

This would be a great feature!

My first idea for a workaround would have been to just give your login to the second GM, but if he/she is already a RW user, that would only work with a reinstall as RW ties itself to the windows account afaik. Not really practical.

Bidmaron January 18th, 2017 06:02 AM

I don't see this as practical. Remember the module market is about one fifth the already small adventure game. Sharing GMs further reduces that since now multiple GMs can share content. There would have to be a way that each GM would have to own the module material in use.

Merion January 18th, 2017 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bidmaron (Post 241899)
I don't see this as practical. Remember the module market is about one fifth the already small adventure game. Sharing GMs further reduces that since now multiple GMs can share content. There would have to be a way that each GM would have to own the module material in use.

Good point!

Personally I usually build my own world and adventures and only integrate some pre-made stuff here and there. So naturally I thought about people from the same group using this to create a world together and as the already played through the existing content in the realm, this would be no concern.
But you're right, this could be used to exploit and re-use bought content in several group by multiple GMs.
On the other hand, this can also be done by just passing the login info or maybe by export? Haven't played around with that new feature but I expect a safeguard to be built in for that.

Bidmaron January 18th, 2017 12:45 PM

Exports are safeguarded for IP