Lone Wolf Development Forums

Lone Wolf Development Forums (http://forums.wolflair.com/index.php)
-   HL - D&D 5th Edition SRD (http://forums.wolflair.com/forumdisplay.php?f=89)
-   -   5e Community Pack 1.2 error (http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=55139)

Mergon February 24th, 2016 04:05 PM

5e Community Pack 1.2 error

Quote:

The data files could not be loaded due to errors. Hero Lab will now attempt to load them in recovery mode. Once loaded, you can access the editor as normal to correct any errors.

The following errors occurred:

File: COM_Source_110 - Sword Coast Adventures Guide.1st (line 13) - Source - Duplicate record encountered ('5eSCAGCP')
After installing D&D 5e Community Pack 1.2 I get the above error. Anyone else get this?

Debating which one to remove for the time being.

Found my issue. I had a file: COM_Source_110 - Sourcebooks.1st which I believe was removed or renamed to COM_Source_110 - Sword Coast Adventures Guide.1st

The contents were identical. I removed COM_Source_110 - Sourcebooks.1st and everything works fine now.

ShadowChemosh February 24th, 2016 05:35 PM

Sigh... This is why I try not to make a .hl file late at night after a long day... :(

Fixing and putting out a new version...

Mergon February 24th, 2016 05:38 PM

ShadowChemosh:

It may not be your fault. I had manually installed the Community pack before it went live to do some testing and that may have been when it got installeded (COM_Source_110 - Sourcebooks.1st). I am not sure mind you, but no one else seems to have had the proble,.

ShadowChemosh February 24th, 2016 05:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mergon (Post 224859)
After installing D&D 5e Community Pack 1.2 I get the above error. Anyone else get this?

Debating which one to remove for the time being.

Found my issue. I had a file: COM_Source_110 - Sourcebooks.1st which I believe was removed or renamed to COM_Source_110 - Sword Coast Adventures Guide.1st

The contents were identical. I removed COM_Source_110 - Sourcebooks.1st and everything works fine now.

Where did you get the file COM_Source_110 - Sword Coast Adventures Guide.1st? That was not released in version 1.0 of the pack and its not a valid file anymore at all.

COM_Source_110 - Sourcebooks.1st is the correct file so by removing Sword Coast Adventures you are now invalid. :(

ShadowChemosh February 24th, 2016 05:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mergon (Post 224864)
ShadowChemosh:

It may not be your fault. I had manually installed the Community pack before it went live to do some testing and that may have been when it got installeded (COM_Source_110 - Sourcebooks.1st). I am not sure mind you, but no one else seems to have had the proble,.

Yeah I was just figuring that out by looking at was actually released in v1.0.

I would actually delete the file "COM_Source_110 - Sword Coast Adventures Guide.1st" and then grab the file "COM_Source_110 - Sourcebooks.1st" from github.

Mergon February 24th, 2016 05:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShadowChemosh (Post 224867)
Where did you get the file COM_Source_110 - Sword Coast Adventures Guide.1st? That was not released in version 1.0 of the pack and its not a valid file anymore at all.

COM_Source_110 - Sourcebooks.1st is the correct file so by removing Sword Coast Adventures you are now invalid. :(

Well, I had a 50/50 chance of picking the correct file which mean for me 100% chance of picking the wrong one.

It was part of the pre-release files that I didn't remove before installing the official D&D 5e Community pack.

daplunk February 24th, 2016 05:49 PM

That's not a naming convention we have used at all. Even pre Shadow.

ShadowChemosh February 24th, 2016 05:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mergon (Post 224869)
Well, I had a 50/50 chance of picking the correct file which mean for me 100% chance of picking the wrong one.

It was part of the pre-release files that I didn't remove before installing the official D&D 5e Community pack.

LOL yeah that always happens to me too. :D

I would actually delete the file "COM_Source_110 - Sword Coast Adventures Guide.1st" and then grab the file "COM_Source_110 - Sourcebooks.1st" from github. That should get you going again... :)

Mergon February 24th, 2016 05:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShadowChemosh (Post 224871)
LOL yeah that always happens to me too. :D

I would actually delete the file "COM_Source_110 - Sword Coast Adventures Guide.1st" and then grab the file "COM_Source_110 - Sourcebooks.1st" from github. That should get you going again... :)

Doing that at the moment. I always backup files when I am not 200% sure I am doing the right thing see above). :)

ShadowChemosh February 24th, 2016 05:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by daplunk (Post 224870)
That's not a naming convention we have used at all. Even pre Shadow.

That is correct for "Source" files. I always left the pack name out so that they sort to the "bottom" of the list of files. Its very helpful when you have 6 Packs to maintain. :)