Lone Wolf Development Forums

Lone Wolf Development Forums (http://forums.wolflair.com/index.php)
-   HL - D&D 5th Edition SRD (http://forums.wolflair.com/forumdisplay.php?f=89)
-   -   Help: Outlander Bck (http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=54992)

Sorris February 9th, 2016 07:47 PM

Help: Outlander Bck

Having trouble trying to figure out how to add the Origin feature to this background. Any help would be appreciated.

Mergon February 10th, 2016 09:48 AM

1) You have to create the feature in the General > Ability tab of the Editor. Under Function, select Background feature. Click Save then Test Now!.

2) Once you have done so, you go to the Background > Background tab where you created the Background itself.

3) Click on the Background Special Abilities button. Add a new bootstrap and select your feature from the list. Click OK then Save then Test Now!.

You feature should now be added to your background.

Mathias February 10th, 2016 09:53 AM

Mergon, don't forget the Test Now! after creating the feature, and before adding it to the background - otherwise, the feature will have to be entered manually on the background.

Mergon February 10th, 2016 09:54 AM

Opps . . . :)

Sorris February 10th, 2016 12:17 PM

How do I create the rollable list for the feature? That's what I haven't been able to figure out. (IE. The background has a rollable feature called origin that has 10 choices under it)

Mergon February 10th, 2016 01:05 PM

You add them in much the same way as you do bonds, flaws, ideals, and Personality traits, but you add them under Background Custom Ability.

Once you create it, just add it to the appropriate Background by clicking on the Available to Background button. Then Save and click on Test Now!.

Sorris February 10th, 2016 01:36 PM

Alright, I added them all in the background ability, and selected them to go in background, but there not showing up anywhere in hero lab I can see...

Asandir February 10th, 2016 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorris (Post 223870)
Alright, I added them all in the background ability, and selected them to go in background, but there not showing up anywhere in hero lab I can see...

I was just testing this too, and I can't find anywhere that it is appearing either.

Sorris February 10th, 2016 02:13 PM

Now I accidentally put flaws into ideals and can't seem to figure out how to get rid of them. This is going well. Apparently deleting them out of the ideals tab after compiling doesn't remove them.

ShadowChemosh February 10th, 2016 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorris (Post 223876)
Now I accidentally put flaws into ideals and can't seem to figure out how to get rid of them. This is going well. Apparently deleting them out of the ideals tab after compiling doesn't remove them.

You need to restart HL or do a CTRL-R to clean the "memory" of what has been compiled.