Lone Wolf Development Forums

Lone Wolf Development Forums (http://forums.wolflair.com/index.php)
-   HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game (http://forums.wolflair.com/forumdisplay.php?f=62)
-   -   Duplicate Spell Description (http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=54627)

talsharien January 7th, 2016 03:02 AM

Duplicate Spell Description

I am creating a variation of an existing spell, Cure Light Wounds.

I create my variant and replace the original id (including making multiple versions of the spell to cover different caster levels for ranger etc) and it works with no problem, except that the description of the spell appears twice in the text.

This does not happen when I have created a custom spell which does not replace an existing spell so I assume that the problem lies there somewhere, any ideas ?

Mathias January 7th, 2016 07:36 AM

Add a script to your spell that deletes the SpInfo tag on that spell that is for the original Id - leave the one that's for the new Id in place. The description procedure looks for SpInfo tags other than the item's own and adds the text of that spell to the description of this one (that way, you don't have to re-type Restoration's description text when entering the text for Lesser Restoration (I'm not looking at the book right now, so that might be backwards)).

Replacement items get all the Identity tags from both themselves and the thing they replace, so it makes it look like an additional SpInfo tag was added.

ShadowChemosh January 7th, 2016 09:41 AM

To build upon this Feats do the same exact thing now. :( Whats worse is that when any other ability has two "SpInfo.?" tags they do NOT gain both spell affects anymore. I will need to report that as a bug.

Which tag is causing this on Feats? I assume "IsFeat.?".

talsharien January 7th, 2016 10:28 AM

Thats excelent guys thanks, I did not realise ther desc procedure ran in that way.

And the feats duplicate was my next question so I can shelve that for now as well

:)

talsharien February 4th, 2016 11:33 PM

IS there any chance that someone could give an example as to how to delete the SPInfo tag with a script as I am at a loss.

Mathias February 5th, 2016 07:08 AM

Pre-Levels/10000
Code:

perform delete[SpInfo.spSleep1]
replacing "spSleep1" with the Id of the spell whose tag you want to delete.

(and actually, the timing is very flexible - I just gave you a recommendation if this code is in its own script. If you need to script anything else on this spell, you can throw that line of code into whatever scripts you need).

talsharien February 5th, 2016 09:16 AM

Awesome dude, works like a charm :)

ShadowChemosh February 5th, 2016 09:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mathias (Post 223484)
Pre-Levels/10000
Code:

(and actually, the timing is very flexible - I just gave you a recommendation if this code is in its own script. If you need to script anything else on this spell, you can throw that line of code into whatever scripts you need).

This is a nice work around but any ETA when the "official" fix will be out for this issue. Its not just spells as it affects 'every' Thing that does a Replaces Thing ID in pathfinder now.

talsharien February 6th, 2016 05:42 AM

For some reason this work around is not working when applied to the cure light wounds spell?

osopolare November 28th, 2016 10:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mathias (Post 223484)
Pre-Levels/10000
Code:

Newb question here: I'm finding the same issue with some mundane equipment. Double description. I'm trying to make the same fix work but I can't figure out what the tag type is for an item description. How does one figure that out?

Thank you.